Basically what is being repoted is that:
- Men who see themselves as better looking than their wives were more likely to be disgruntled and have negative feelings about their marriage,
- “Men who were more attractive than their partner demonstrated a tendency to offer less emotional and practical support to their wives.”
- "Attractive men have available to them more short-term mating opportunities. This may make them less satisfied and less committed to the marital relationship."
- “Men are rated as more likeable and friendly when they have a wife who is very attractive," said Strathclyde University psychologist Alastair Ross
- "Ugly men try harder. They care more about you and treat you like a princess. Good-looking guys are self-obsessed. That’s not attractive."
- It appears that handsome men carry a “health warning” that makes most women believe they will eventually prove unfaithful partners.
- Should a beautiful woman date someone who is not so fortunate in the looks department - he will treasure and appreciate her more and much better.
To explain all this in a simple manner one only has to bring up the axiom: "Women marry MPI, Men marry facial and physical attractiveness"
In other words it does not matter too much how the male looks to the female as long as he has MPI (more detail later but basically males that exudes charm and power and combined with wealth and status) she will be happy. To the man what makes him happiest is how attractive his mate is.